Friday, April 27, 2007

Love

Dear Friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God IS love.-
1 John 4:7-8
I love my husband, I love my family, I love my friends, I love my God. Without love, everything is lost, hope is mute, faith is pointless, and everyday reality is bleak and colorless.
Love is not just a feeling or an emotion, not a fleeting fluffy thing, not a easily broken bond.
Love is not just a word, or group of words, that are empty or shallow.
Love is a force, The Force, the Holy Spirit of God on earth. True, real God love, cannot be broken, shaken, moved, killed, mauled, or hidden. It instead will make the nations fall to their knees, heal the sick and wounded, care for the weak and poor, and cause His people to fly.
I look at the world and see so much pain and hurt, divorce and abandonment,so many widows, orphans, homeless, and so much anger. God sent His love, His Spirit, to fill the ones who call on His Name, to go out into all the world and heal it.
I see divorce all around me. It is trying to creep it's way into my life. Without the intervention of the Holy Spirit, it threatens every single marriage in existence today. Without Love, the unbreakable bond is weak and frail and very breakable. There is no such thing as "falling out of love", but there is a such thing as turning your back on the Holy Spirit, and the Love that God gives us. The world only knows one kind of love, and it is not real. It is a counterfeit love, a shadow of the real thing.
I never want to sound "preachy" in this blog. Please, to all who read, know that each time I share, it is from my heart, and if I find that something I have said is wrong, I will admit to it. I am going through a time of trial in my own life at the moment, and am learning more than I did in 12 years of school and 8.5 years of marriage and the years in between. I have sinned and I have made mistakes that are embarrassing, and mistakes that I know have taken me in directions I never would have gone, but they have all led me back to the One who made me, the One who is making me whole. I have walked a path that could have led to bitter ends and when I asked God to deliver me, He said "ok: now into the fire with you". I am coming out pure gold and pure silver. Did you know that when the refiner skims the drudge off the top of silver that is being refined, if the process is successful, he can look down and see his face reflected perfectly as in a clean mirror? Wow, to know that God will be able to look at me and see His Face Reflected Perfectly!!!
For now, the trial continues. And when this one is over, it won't be long before the next. But each one teaches us who we are in God's Love. Each one brings me closer to the fulfillment of my destiny. Only true Love can accomplish that. Only true Love can turn something meant for evil into something good.

No comments: